To apply for your first DCBC certificate please send us the following (TO RENEW CLICK HERE):
- A completed application with your signature on the front page (download an application form here (PDF) (Fillable))
- A copy of a photo ID (passport or driver's licence) to verify date of birth and identity.
- A copy of your current workplace First Aid training certificate, including CPR and AED.
- A copy of your current O2 Provider certificate, or equivalent certification.
- Copies of sufficient logs to demonstrate that you have completed or supervised 50 working dives over two of the past five years. If logs are not stamped, be sure to include contact information for each employer.
- Copies of any certificates of competency that you currently possess.
- Copies of course completion certificates.
- A recent passport-style photograph of yourself.
- The appropriate fee. You may pay by certified cheque, money order, or by PayPal here.
- If using a cheque or money order make it payable to Diver Certification Board of Canada
- You may scan and email your documents to email@example.com; please ensure that all emails are less than 10MB and that the photograph is in jpeg format.
- You may also mail or courier your application to:
Diver Certification Board of Canada
208 – 5209 St. Margaret’s Bay Road
Upper Tantallon NS B3Z 1E3
We commit to issuing your new certificate within ten business days of receiving all the required documentation.
TO RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATE CLICK HERE
FOR GUIDANCE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATE CLICK HERE
TO SEE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR OFFSHORE DSS PLEASE CLICK HERE