The Diver Certification Board of Canada is a federally registered, not-for-profit body which is partially funded by stakeholder contributions and partially by the fees received for certificates. The amount of the fee varies according to the certificate. The fee for a given certificate is set after consideration of such criteria as:
- The seriousness of the consequences of issuing a certificate to an unqualified candidate.
- The time taken to verify information submitted by a candidate.
- The earning power of the certificate.
- The difficulty in obtaining the certificate in terms of training and experience.
- The fees charged over five years by other certifying bodies and professional associations (in 2013) (e.g. RN’s $1,960; Licensed Practical Nurses $1,400; Professional Engineers (in NS) $1,250; Lawyers (in NS) $9,725; Engineering Technologists $825; Realtors $2,175; PADI Instructors $1,250)
- All fees are in Canadian dollars.
- All fees were increased by 10% on August 1, 2010; the first increase in seven years.
|Occupational SCUBA Diver||$220|
|Restricted Surface Supplied Diver||$275|
|Unrestricted Surface Supplied Diver||$330|
|Restricted Surface Supplied Supervisor||$385|
|Unrestricted Surface Supplied Supervisor||$440|
|Surface Supplied Mixed-Gas Diver||$385|
|Surface Supplied Mixed-Gas Supervisor||$440|
|Surface Supplied Tender||$165|
|Hyperbaric Chamber Operator||$110|
|Offshore Air Diving Supervisor||$495|
|Closed Bell Diver||$550|
|Bell Diving Supervisor||$660|
|Inshore Diving Safety Specialist||$550|
|Offshore Diving Safety Specialist (Surface Supplied)||$770|
|Offshore Diving Safety Specialist (Bell Diving)||$770|
|Life Support Technician||$275|
|Life Support Supervisor||$330|
|ROV Pilot/Technician Level 2||$110|
|ROV Pilot/Technician Level 1||$275|
|ROV Senior Pilot/Technician||$330|
|ROV Pilot/Technician Supervisor||$440|
- Fees are for a five year certificate.
- Fees for initial certification after training, valid for two years only, will be reduced by 50% from those shown above.
- Candidates pay only one fee, regardless of the number of endorsements on the certificate; e.g. if an Unrestricted Surface Supplied Diver certificate is endorsed for SCUBA Supervisor the candidate pays only the USSD fee.
- Please make cheques payable to the Diver Certification Board of Canada
- Click the PayPal Logo to pay your fees online with your credit card. Please note that fees are increased by the PayPal fee of 3%
- Payments can also be made by Interac eTransfer to email@example.com